Statcounter

Thursday, April 28, 2011

61. Dream

I’m going to save tens of lives tomorrow - Friday April 29th 2011.  I will not watch any of the royal wedding on television and by not watching, many lives will be saved.
I had a dream five nights ago.  I was watching television with some other people.  I don’t know who they were but there was someone on either side of me.  There may have been others in the room but I don’t know.
On the television screen were many people lined 6 – 10 deep alongside a road.  It was not raining.  Behind them was a building.  I could only see the kerb at the edge of the road.  I could not see what the people were looking at.
There were two simultaneous explosions perhaps fifty feet apart from within the lines of people.  Then I woke up.
I assume that I was watching coverage of the royal wedding although there is nothing that I remember from the dream that makes that the case.
So I won’t watch it.  Even if I hadn’t had the dream I probably wouldn’t have watched any of it but now I shall consciously avoid looking at a TV screen at any time until the whole thing is over.  That should do it.
But will it?  On Sunday I told my son of the dream and of how I had a cunning plan to thwart the terrorists but he pointed out that in my dream I could in fact have been watching a recording of the events hours, days or even years earlier.
He’s right.  I must have seen recordings of the 9/11 tragedy tens of times since it happened and even if I had dreamt it all days before, there is nothing I could have done about it.
I shan’t watch it though – just in case.  I wonder if anyone will ever thank me if nothing happens.

It's 3:30 on Friday afternoon.  It has all passed without incident.  Terry 1, Terrorists 0 

You will find my last regular posting on March 27th here: At the End of The day






1 comment:

  1. Hi Terry,

    Many years ago I had a very vivid dream about a serious train crash. This about a week before the Clapham Junction crash.

    I wasn't at Clapham Junction (and I definitely wasn't watching it) and it still happened

    I suppose I'm agreeing with your son, watching it or not watching it would make no difference.

    Let's just hope it was one of those random dreams that hit us all from time to time.

    PS. Glad you're still posting when you're in the mood :-)

    ReplyDelete